RGO Products Ltd. is currently recruiting for a Credit & Collections Administrator to join our Finance team. Under the supervision of the Credit and Collections Supervisor, the successful individual will perform credit and collection duties at the entry level. Duties include: maintaining records; ensuring credit applications and files are complete; identifying and conducting routine follow-ups on delinquent accounts.
- New customer setups as requested.
- Customer contact regarding payment status, account status and invoices.
- Collect payments on outstanding >30 day accounts.
- Re-direct customer issues to appropriate department contact.
- Follow up with department/salesperson regarding customer issues.
- Answer A/R inquiries from staff and produce reports.
- Posting of cheques, cash and credit card transactions.
- Involve Supervisor with unresolved issues.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Return cheques to customers when there have been duplicate payments or credits.
- Submit accounts for write-off/adjustments and to Collection agency when required.
- Filing of A/R credit applications and customer updates.
- Weekly bank run to make deposits.
- High school graduate with a minimum of 1-3 years of credit and collections experience.
- Member of the Credit Institute of Canada. If not already complete, willingness to take courses (distance and/or online) through the Credit Institute is advantageous.
- Self-motivated, action-oriented individual who can work in a flexible environment and accomplish specified goals.
- Excellent customer service focus with the capacity to learn new information and use common sense in evaluating and acting upon issues and problems.
- Willing and able to take on challenging situations in a tactful, professional and results-oriented manner.
- Above average analytical and organizational skills to ensure that goals are set and met.
- Exceptional communications skills. In particular must have outstanding verbal skills to work effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- An understanding of accounting principles is required.
- Valid Alberta driver’s licence and reliable personal vehicle necessary for business use.
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.