RGO Flooring Ltd. is currently recruiting for a Driver. This position is accountable for the pickup and delivery of flooring products to various sites in Calgary & Canmore in a prompt, safe, and courteous manner. The successful candidate will have their forklift certificate, Q-endorsement, and air brake experience.
- Responsible for picking and loading product for delivery to RGO warehouses and customer’s locations. Check racks, ensure that truck is completely and properly loaded prior to leaving RGO’s dock.
- Exercise sufficient care and attention to ensure the product arrives and is placed in a satisfactory manner
- Demonstrate sufficient product knowledge
- Interact with the RGO employees and customers in a professional manner
- Determine whether product for delivery is free from any defects or damage prior to departure from Supplier & RGO warehouses and notify the warehouse supervisor, flooring dispatch supervisor or installation supervisor of any defects.
- When driving, ensure that the use of the vehicle is maximized and that the Flooring Dispatch Supervisor has scheduled a proper load time frame for execution
- Employ the most efficient routes when delivering products
- When driving, ensure that the piece count & product is correct when leaving the suppliers & RGO, also ensuring that sign off is completed for all deliveries once the delivery has reached its destination.
- Responsible for submitting all paperwork, such as time records, POE’s, and Return Goods Receipts related to the delivery and pick up of items
- Ensure that timesheets are filled out daily and accurately and are handed in daily
- Responsible for accurate labeling of product and recording of rack location in the warehouse.
- Health and Safety – Promote and follow all Health & Safety Initiatives
- Ensure that the trucks are maintained in good working order and that problems are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner
- Ensure the truck cab and box are maintained in an orderly fashion (fold blankets, roll up straps, road pylons/reflectors and other safety materials).
- Ensure that equipment such as dollies is accounted for and in good working condition
- Clean driver’s abstract for at least 12 months
- Air Brake Certification
- Forklift Certification
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience driving in downtown core, an asset
- AMA Professional Driver Upgrade (prior to driving any RGO vehicle)
- Activities include driving a 5-ton truck, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, carrying, laying on their backs, bending their knees and twisting for approximately 60% of their workday
- Drives for 6-8 hours per day, depending on delivery schedule
- Warehouse duties, as required
- Regular use of hand tools
- Able to safety lift 100 lbs.
- Loads and unloads trucks 3-4 hours per day, depending on delivery schedule
- May occasionally carry large objects up and down stairs
- Must successfully complete a Health Assessment prior to commencement of employment.
- Regular hours are 40 per week. Overtime may be required and is paid at overtime rates.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.