Health & Safety Policy Statement
At RGO, we are committed to an injury-free culture. This is our foundation and we have the courage to hold ourselves responsible for our own safety and the wellbeing of everyone else.
RGO Management recognizes and accepts the overall responsibility for the occupational health and safety of our workers and those affected by our operation. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment, as well as minimizing the risk of occupational injury and illness in the workplace. This objective is ranked equally with other organizational goals. In fulfilling this objective, we comply with acceptable industry practices and pertinent legislative requirements. In addition, we strive to eliminate any forseeable hazards that may result in fire, security, losses or damage to property.
Our safety programs and processes exceed industry safety standards, with direct focus on an accident-free-work environment for all. We believe that no safety deficiency can be overlooked, and all employees and contractors are required to exercise due diligence not only to correct deficiencies, but to focus on prevention of unsafe acts, practices and the environment.
Our Health and Safety Program involves
- The necessary tools and protection needed to operate in a safe manner
- Training for all employees with respect to good health and safety practices
- Hazard Assessments for all job sites to ensure the safety of our work environment
- Incident reporting and investigation to prevent similar incidents from recurring
- Developing and enforcing health and safety rules and requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment
- Maintaining an active advisory Health and Safety Committee
The responsibilities for health and safety are shared by:
- RGO, who accepts the responsibility for leadership of the health and safety program, for its effectiveness and improvement and for providing the resources required to ensure safe working conditions
- Supervisors, who display a positive attitude towards safety and ensure that his/her employees respect RGO’s health and safety rules and policies
- Employees, who will follow all aspects of health and safety policy not only for their own safety, but also for that of their coworkers
The safety information in our policy does not take precedence over applicable government regulations, with which all employees should be familiar.
Cathy Orr – President & CEO