Position Type: Temporary, Full-Time, with a start date April 25, 2022
Location: Calgary, AB
Are you looking for summer work or temporary employment? If you have accounts payable experience, or an accounting student looking for summer employment, we have an opportunity for you.
RGO is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk for a 4-month term. Reporting to the Controller, this position performs duties including preparing bills, invoices, statements, vouchers for payment and ensures timely and accurate processing of invoices.
• Review incoming emails, printing invoices and saving to appropriate vendor files.
• Sort invoices by various divisions and priority of payment.
• Attain appropriate approvals for General Ledger invoices.
• Code invoices with appropriate General Ledger account.
• Enter and reconcile vendor invoices to orders in the ERP system.
• Process invoices for EFT/cheque run.
• File paid invoices.
• Follow up on vendor inquires.
• Reconcile vendor statements.
• Prepare and post A/P related journal entries.
• Other administrative duties as required including preparing outgoing mail.
• High school diploma and 1-3 years of accounts payable experience in a software environment and/or working towards Accounting diploma or degree.
• Knowledge of financial accounting and account reconciliation.
• Communicate effectively in person and on paper.
• Work with numbers quickly and accurately.
• Concentrate for extended periods of time and pay close attention to detail but also switch back and forth between tasks.
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to analyze data.
• Keep employer information confidential.
• Work independently on routine tasks.
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values, and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified, Best Workplaces in Alberta, Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Best Workplaces for Giving Back, Best Workplaces Managed by Women and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness facility, education reimbursement program, RRSP matching, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you know of someone seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your/their resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about RGO, please visit our website at www.rgo.ca. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and qualified candidates will be contacted.