RGO currently has an opportunity for a Commercial Sales Assistant to join the RGO Window Covering’s team. Working collaboratively with the Commercial Sales Rep/Project Manager, and Technical Lead/Project Manager, this role assists in all stages of the sale and project management of commercial window coverings projects. The successful candidate will be committed to exceptional customer service, and will possess excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Project Coordination and Administration
• Initiate all aspects of project coordination upon receipt of contract or purchase order.
• Manage all aspects of contract management including setting up the file, scheduling measures and installation, coordinating product orders, and ensuring all relevant information in Hedberg and on the scheduling software is up to date.
• Assist with updating Salesforce CRM software as required.
• Proactively obtain missing/necessary information in a timely manner to order and schedule all projects.
• Follow up on all deficiencies as provided by contract installers/scheduling coordinator.
• Execute all required corrective actions to complete the project.
• Manage project costs.
• Familiarize contract installers on new products relating to the project.
• Answer incoming calls to the department.
• Send samples to customers as requested by Sales Rep./Technical Lead.
• Solicit Technical Lead regarding AutoCAD requirements for Window Coverings department and request sign-offs as required.
• Follow up on order status with vendors.
Quotes and Tenders
• Complete accurate take-offs from architectural drawings including number of windows, and the size and shape of each window.
• Review specification packages to determine what product has been selected and what other requirements must be provided.
• Determine labour costs from measure to installation.
• Determine product price.
• Manage Tender Board.
• Liaise with Sales Rep. to determine mark-up accordance with the project criteria, taking into account size, end user and market.
• Prepare quotes or tenders for approval from Commercial Sales Rep/Project Manager, and Technical Lead/Project Manager.
• Using AutoCAD, prepare preliminary drawings to estimate timelines and the cost of materials.
• High school diploma plus relevant training or experience is essential.
• Diploma in Architectural Technology is preferred.
• Ability to read architectural drawings and specifications.
• Experience with AutoCAD software is preferred.
• Knowledge of construction sites is advantageous.
• Knowledge of, or willing to learn RGO’s Window Coverings products and offerings.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Alberta Driver’s Licence and reliable personal vehicle for use during the business day (mileage will be reimbursed).
• Exceptional customer service focus, self-motivated and accountable.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with many different people.
• Strong organizational skills with an aptitude and willingness to multi-task, to plan and execute project plans, and to do so across multiple projects in a dynamic work environment.
• Ability to anticipate potential scheduling conflicts and work proactively to address them.
• Computer skills in Word and Excel and ability to learn proprietary software applications.
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to foresee potential problems and evaluate solutions.
• Will work both at RGO’s office and onsite at customers’ locations.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, organized individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
• Open communication and the sharing of ideas
• Continuous learning opportunities
• Dynamic, collaborative work processes
• Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
• COR Certified Health and Safety Programs
• Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive, flexible benefits and performance based incentives
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.