RGO Products Ltd. is seeking a Commercial Sales Representative/Project Manager for our Window Coverings (WC) department reporting to the VP, Window Coverings. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated sales representative who can find and capture new business and build relationships with commercial customers. He or she is also willing and able to manage his or her projects, ensuring compliance with timelines, budgets and safety considerations while meeting customer needs.
Position: Full-Time, Permanent + Benefits
Client Identification and Acquisition
• Find business, follow leads, make sales calls and build relationships with both new and existing customers.
• Meet with customers to clarify and understand their needs, present samples, provide design and recommend product.
• Generate proposals and pricing for potential projects.
Customer Service/Follow Through
• Visit client sites and maintain continuous contact with customers throughout the project to maintain the business relationship and proactively resolve problems.
• Measure windows at site and transfer data to order form.
• Complete take-off (transfer of actual data or architectural drawings to sales document) to budget pricing and final pricing.
• Coordinate and ensure that shop drawings are submitted for production and to all stakeholders as required.
• Follow up on service work completion and warranty documentation.
• Within the first year after installation of product, follow up with customers to ensure that deficiencies are corrected to the satisfaction of the customer, including repairs, re-order of product and re-schedule of installation, per the service agreement.
• For tender requests the process includes completing all necessary paperwork.
• Utilize the corporate CRM tool, Salesforce to track all sales functions.
• Liaise with suppliers to order samples, request pricing to finalize quotes, write up orders and submit to suppliers.
• Develop or modify product specifications in accordance with manufacturer’s criteria.
• Prepare quotes for customers.
• Set up and input order into Hedberg ERP.
• Check and confirm accuracy of work performed by Commercial Project Coordinator.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of contracts.
• Communicate with Installations Scheduler and Coordinator, including completion of Installer’s Package, to schedule and confirm installation of product.
• Approve orders for invoicing upon completion of projects.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduation is required.
• Post-secondary education in Business or Sales is an asset.
• Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience in a professional office or sales environment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Superior customer service focus and attitude.
• Can demonstrate how to successfully build relationships.
• Initiative and ability to think critically and act logically in evaluating situations and generating required steps to ensure success for both customers and RGO.
• Self-starter/motivated, resourceful with high attention to detail and technically orientated.
• Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills as well as a positive, optimistic approach.
• Ability to read and understand architectural drawings is an asset.
• Must be able to site measure.
• Proficient with office software such as Word and Excel, and be willing to learn RGO’s proprietary software programs.
• Knowledge of window coverings products is an asset.
The Commercial Sales Representative/Project Manager will work at RGO’s NE Calgary office and onsite at customers’ locations; therefore, applicants must have a valid Alberta Driver’s Licence, reliable transportation and automobile insurance and be willing to use their personal vehicle for business. Mileage will be reimbursed.
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
• Open communication and the sharing of ideas
• Continuous learning opportunities
• Dynamic, collaborative work processes
• Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
• Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.