RGO Flooring Ltd. is currently recruiting for a self-motivated and action oriented Estimator to join their Team! The Estimator reports directly to the VP of Flooring and has a high impact in the overall successes of the Flooring Division! The primary accountability of this role is to generate accurate quantity estimates and costing for takeoffs on bid & negotiated flooring opportunities. The incumbent must have a strong knowledge of flooring products and applications. Their knowledge of application and strategies for bidding/pricing will contribute to overall revenue success.
Customer Service/Follow Through
- Work with Project Managers on following through from sales to final bid.
Estimating / Pricing
- Prepares project to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents
- Reviews specification package and researches material requirements to include trims, accessories and installation methods
- Performs take-offs and prepares related documents using estimating and bidding software (FloorRight / RFMS)
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Reviews and analyzes cost estimate and material requirements with Project Managers to assist in finalizing quote
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications
- Coordinates with internal and external sources to ensure bid deadlines are met
- Evaluates success based on product knowledge and postmortems from take-offs
- Positive, optimistic approach
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Indisputable attention to detail and focus on quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to work collaboratively within a team while taking personal responsibility for delivering superior results.
- High School Diploma required and Post Secondary Education an asset.
- Experience utilizing Construction Estimating/Takeoff Software and/or Computer Aided Design programs
- 5 years experience and a proficient understanding of construction specifications and drawings
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you or someone you know is seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your/their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.