RGO is seeking a highly organized, self motivated individual to lead this new and exciting opportunity! This new position is responsible for the promotion, selling and administration of office moves, and after-market service work such as reupholstery and refinishing. This position will drive revenue by developing new business through referrals and industry contracts and promoting after-market service, reconfigurations and relocations of new and existing customers. The incumbent will works with sales representatives, end users, general contractors project teams, construction trades and furniture installers in a construction project atmosphere. This is an operation based, hands-on role and requires an individual who is comfortable both wearing steel–toed boots on a construction job site and meeting executives in a boardroom.
Client Identification and Acquisition
- Promotion and marketing of moves and service work available through RGO
- Establish a referral network through both internal and external referral sources
- Actively look for new clients, follow leads, make sales calls and keep in contact with existing customers.
- Analyze customer’s requirements and recommend products based on observations from site visits and discussions with clients
Customer Service/Follow Through
- Visiting client sites
- Follow up to ensure that deficiencies are corrected to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Create mapping of warranty expirations opportunities by client and identify for Sales
- Complete project proposals as assigned and ensure proposals are consistent and complete for new move, installation or reconfiguration opportunity.
- Presenting quotes and proposals to customers
Planning and Execution
- Conduct walk through to assess requirements of clients and provide a quote for service.
- Generate required service orders to capture chargeable work if required before the project begins, update documentation and communicate to crews as changes occur, submit paperwork for project closing to occur.
- Attend pre-installation/move and site meetings
- Schedule manpower with the Furniture Service & Installations Manager
- Facilitate problem/issue resolution.
- Monitor to ensure project activities are being implemented effectively and efficiently. Raise any performance concerns with Supervisor, Installation & Service for resolution.
- Perform site visits to ensure project is proceeding as planned.
- Ensure there is control of installation man-hour costs with productivity and applicable standards are being maximized and non-chargeable overtime is eliminated.
Monitor crews, including after-hours work, to ensure effective implementation is occurring including timely arrival, good housekeeping, health & safety precautions and a professional and courteous approach.
Skills & Abilities
- Requires a positive optimistic approach.
- Comfort with marketing and presenting services to new potential clients
- Self motivated sales and action oriented.
- Able to overcome obstacles and complete tasks.
- Capacity to learn new information and skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage to and achieve pre-determined timelines.
- Excellent communications skills to work with colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Customer service focus is essential.
- Exceptional technical skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of and skill in computer applications, in particular MS Office.
- Familiar with lines of furniture that RGO distributes is an asset.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- 2 years of sales experience
- 1-3 years of experience managing projects or construction-related installations
- 3 years of office moves experience an asset
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to HR@RGO.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.