RGO is currently recruiting for an Operations & Service Manager for the Flooring & Drywall divisions. This position leads, manages and is accountable for the administrative and field operations of both divisions. This is a dynamic role with a direct line to the President where the successful candidate will provide input on overall direction of the companies. The role is responsible for managing a large team, both in the office and on jobsites comprised of direct employees and subcontract installers in Calgary and surrounding area. Through implementation of new and existing policies and processes that support the corporate goals and vision; providing the ultimate customer experience will be the main goal of this role.
Oversight of Flooring & Drywall Operations Group
• Receiving and warehousing
• Logistics and scheduling
• Delivery and installations
• Project coordinators
• After Market Services
• Field operations
• Overall leadership and management accountability for flooring and drywall operations.
• Actively supports the overall corporate culture and company goals.
• Actively works to improve employee engagement.
• Leads the Flooring and Drywall weekly meetings and promotes the development of quarterly measurable goals and scorecards.
• Process development – create, document and implement consistent installation & project coordination process to improve efficiencies.
• Develops new programs to improve client, vendor satisfaction.
• Supports RGO policies and procedures
• Recruits, hires, trains and develops high caliber personnel for the direct report positions.
• Ensures positive employee relations through compliance with company policy and practices – handles employee problems and disciplines personnel as necessary
• Develop and implement useful measures of performance and builds a training/development program for flooring and drywall admin and site staff.
• Track, monitor and assess the performance and activities of operations staff.
• Assists in the development of the departmental budget, monitors and controls expenditures and adherence to budget goals.
• Accepts overall accountability for the work of flooring and drywall staff.
• Confidently makes decisions despite ambiguous data.
• Allocates time and meets deadlines based on pre-set priorities.
• Responsibilities vary based on outside demands.
• Takes on new challenges on a regular basis.
• Makes independent decisions that offer impact company expenses.
Health & Safety
• Has overall responsibility for safety of the Flooring and Drywall divisions. Understands and enforces company safety policies and applicable OH&S legislation.
• Ensures that the Company Safety Program is adhered to regarding identification and prevention of unsafe working conditions both in the office and at client locations. Leads by example on all safety issues.
• Minimum High School diploma. University or College degree preferable.
• 10+ years management experience.
• Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of product and/or industry preferred.
• Thorough understanding of quality principles.
• Understanding of RGO’s business system is an asset.
• Ability to build and lead high performance team – people management, staffing and training skills.
• Dedication to exceed customer expectations with shifting and competing deadlines
• Innovative management style and proven leadership ability.
• Superior teamwork and communication skills.
• Conflict management skills and ability to maintain composure
• High personal drive and ability to motivate other team members
• Proficiency in using a computer and comfort with MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, organized individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
• Open communication and the sharing of ideas.
• Continuous learning opportunities.
• Dynamic, collaborative work processes.
• Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices.
• COR Certified Health and Safety Programs.
• Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive, flexible benefits and performance based incentives.
If your are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interested of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.