RGO currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join the Furniture Installations and Service Operations team. Working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, the Project Coordinator’s primary function is to assist, coordinate, and monitor the efforts of RGO sales, design, and operations staff to deliver successful and profitable installations, recons or services to our customers. They are responsible for developing work plans, schedules and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule, scope, and customer’s goals.
This role will work closely with sales representatives, customers, general contractors, project teams comprised of facilities and warehouse personnel, construction trades and furniture installers in a construction project atmosphere. This is an operations-based, hands-on role and requires an individual who is comfortable both wearing steel–toed boots on a construction job site and meeting executives in a boardroom.
- Complete or provide information for project proposals as assigned
- Ensure proposals are consistent and complete for new, move or reconfiguration opportunities
- Assist sales, design staff and customers with quotes for labour and remote charges
- Review drawings and specs relative to quotes
- Review all aspects of a quote including design and plan accuracy, product specification, delivery and installation schedule, cost estimates, subcontract requirements and site condition and verification
- Generate service orders required prior to project start
- Update documentation and communicate changes to crews
- Participate in pre-installation and construction meetings, schedule appropriate manpower with scheduler, determine and direct products shipments, and facilitate problem/issue resolution.
- Perform site visits to ensure site safety, housekeeping and that the project is proceeding as planned and escalate any concerns with Supervisor for resolution.
- Work with Sales Representative to ensure Terms and Conditions are being followed
- Management of installation related costs
- Review and confirm accuracy and completeness of work
- Prepare paperwork for invoicing following substantial completion of the project
- Work with the Service Coordinator to resolve all Post Installation Assessment items expeditiously
- Review project upon completion to confirm success and implement any improvements for future work
- Ensure that the Company safety policy is adhered to regarding identification and prevention of unsafe working conditions both in the office and at off-site locations. Our target goal is zero lost time injuries.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage & achieve pre-determined timelines.
- Excellent communication skills when working with colleagues, contractors & customers.
- Technical/working knowledge and experience with product installation.
- Practical skills & experience as related to construction projects.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of project experience preferred. Industry experience would be an asset.
- Project Management courses would be an asset.
- Customer service focus.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Able to troubleshoot obstacles and to reach desired outcomes.
- Capacity to learn new information and skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office & Outlook.
- A valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license and the ability to drive RGO or personal vehicles on business.
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multiyear winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com . We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.