RGO currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the Furniture Installations and Service Operations team. This is a new role for RGO! The successful candidate would be responsible for developing processes, procedures and standards of practice for Project Management internally, as well as the key responsibilities listed below.
- Generate proposal pricing and prepare quotes and specifications in a timely manner for potential projects
- Assumes responsibility for furniture installation roll-out, including site preparations and workflow management for labour resources
- Foresees issues that can cause delays to either the install date or project completion
- Provides on-site customer service and act as liaison between Sales and outside customers
- Manages and coordinates the day-to-day development and tasking of each project
- Works closely with Sales, Design, Installation, and Production teams to ensure that all employees and equipment are available
- Ensures accurate and timely hand-off from Planning & Design to Sales and Service departments
- Coordinate with freight companies, delivery schedulers and installation crews to ensure all phases of the project are complete on time to coincide with other aspects
- Attend and participate in client site and coordination meetings outside of and within RGO for each project
- Work with clients, designers, team leads, outside contractors and installation crews on following through from first to final stage; follow up to ensure that deficiencies are corrected to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Assigns sub-contract crews and supervises their activities for adherence to schedule, technical requirements and quality assurance
- Accepts overall responsibility for the project, trains and mentors’ new staff as required and regularly makes independent decisions that impact expenses
- Design and continuous development of project management processes
- Strong project management skills
- Proficient written and verbal skills
- Self-motivated and action-oriented with an analytical viewpoint and the ability and willingness to make tough decisions
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage & achieve pre-determined timelines
- Able to troubleshoot obstacles to reach desired outcomes
- Takes personal responsibility for actions and uses a common-sense approach to complete work in what can be challenging situations
- Superior customer facing skills and a demonstrated track record of leaving lasting great impressions
- Collaborative and optimistic attitude
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary education an asset
- 3-7 years related experience in customer service, account services, or project management, preferably in construction or furniture
- PMP Certified or working towards completion
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multiyear winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to email@example.com . We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.