RGO is currently recruiting Residential Sales to join our team. The Residential Sales role’s primary objective is to develop business and generate sales of window covering products in mid to high-end residences. This will be achieved through specification work with the architectural and design community along with direct to the end user consultations. The incumbent in this role will have expert knowledge in window treatments, shading and home automation. This is a sales position and there are accountabilities for achieving specific sales objectives.
Client Identification and Acquisition
- Host training sessions or lunch and learns with architects and designers
- Find business, follow leads, consult by telephone, email and through in-person sales calls and keep in contact with existing customers.
- Prepare for and meet with the customer or designer to clarify and understand their needs, show samples, and recommend product.
- Analyze customer’s requirements, create layouts, and recommend products.
- Generate pricing quotes for potential projects and submit to customer.
Customer Service/Follow Through
- Visit client sites and maintain continuous contact with customers throughout the sales process to maintain the business relationship and resolve problems.
- Measure windows at site and accurately transfer data to complete an order.
- Follow up on service work completion and warranty documentation.
- Follow up to ensure that deficiencies are corrected to the satisfaction of the customer, including re-order of product and re-schedule of installation.
- Liaise with suppliers to order samples, request pricing to finalize quotes, write up orders and submit to suppliers.
- Source fabrics, hardware, and materials from suppliers.
- Develop colour boards and floor plan sketches.
- Input order into the RGO ERP system and set up file.
- Maintain accurate and current records of contracts including tracking shipment of product from suppliers.
- Communicate with Residential Coordinator and installers to schedule and confirm installation of product.
- Collect and submit deposit for processing and invoice customer for balance upon completion of projects. Follow up on AR.
- High school graduation is required; post-secondary education in Interior Design is strongly recommended.
- Must have at least 1-3 years of experience in a professional design office and sales environment.
- An alternative combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of window coverings products and/or fabrics is essential.
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Positive, optimistic approach.
- Superior customer service focus and attitude.
- Willing and able to work independently at customers’ locations.
- Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable transportation and auto insurance and be willing to use personal vehicle for business.
- Proof of full immunization against COVID-19 is required.
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified, named Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, on-site fitness facility, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 21, 2021.