RGO is currently recruiting for a permanent, full time Service Technician to join the RGO Furniture Operations’ team.
If you enjoy customer service, working independently in a variety of locations, hands-on mechanical work, troubleshooting and servicing/repairing products in a commercial environment, we have a position for you!
- To provide service/maintenance for a wide array of commercial furniture products, including desks, chairs, panels, filing cabinets, chair cleaning and fabric protection
- Repairs to furniture items brought back to the service area
- Supplying solutions or options to customer requests
- Always demonstrate a professional image
- Be well organized and efficient, both with communication and with written work to their customers – internal and external
- Be responsible in all aspects of their contract customer needs
- Maintain work orders, timesheets, and external supplier receipts in a legible and complete manner
- Must work as a team to provide both support and input on difficult issues/jobs
- Maintain a well stocked service van and obtain the required parts to complete the work needed
- Responsible for submitting all paperwork
- Health and Safety – Promote and follow all Health & Safety policies
- Complete weekly vehicle inspection sheet
- Experience with wood refinishing, re-upholstery, fabric cleaning and chair maintenance would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Extensive product knowledge, including Steelcase and other manufacturers
- Good mechanical trouble shooting skills
- Ability to take direction and move forward without direct supervision
- Effective communication skills through apps, email, text and phone
- Comfortable entering information into company’s (Enterprise Resource Planning-ERP) database software program on mobile device
- Valid class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- Ability to provide a current Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum of 3 years’ driving experience and experience driving cube vans would be an asset
- Successful completion of AMA Professional Driver Upgrade (Prior to driving any RGO vehicle)
- Successful completion of pre-employment health assessment, pre-access drug & alcohol screening, criminal record check and proof of full immunization is required for this position
- Work is performed at customer site (85%) and within RGO service shop (15%)
- Standing, bending flexible when working on furniture repairs 3-4 hours
- Lifting 5 –120 lbs
- Driving to customer site – 3 – 4 hours (Company service van will be provided)
- Works overtime (if necessary)
- Shift work (if necessary)
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values, and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified, Best Workplaces in Alberta, Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Best Workplaces for Giving Back and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, on-site fitness facility, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.