RGO has an exciting opportunity for a Technology Service Manager in our Office Technology Division. The Technology Service Manager reports directly to the President and leads our Equipment Service, Customer Care and the Warehouse Teams. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader with strong work ethics and a commitment to always exceeding customer expectations! They innately take ownership for their team and the services they provide while being a thought leader in software and technology solutions for our customers!
- Directly manages the activities of Customer Care, Equipment Service Technicians and Warehouse Operations
- Determines staffing needs and liaises directly with Human Resources department in recruitment of new staff
- Manages performance of all direct reports, which includes providing training, performance feedback, coaching to support achievement of annual goals and career growth
- Serves as a role model, positive influence and champion for the team
- Effectively executes all required territory management procedures
- Proactively researches, proposes and implements new procedures to efficiently improve processes and supports H&S/COR initiatives.
- Manages to company benchmarks designed to improve overall business efficiencies.
- Ensures that the department maintains acceptable profit levels. Responsible for meeting revenue targets each month as budgeted for the fiscal year.
- Sets and plans departmental goals and is responsible for their fulfillment.
- Plans and organizes the implementation of new processes to ensure that corporate and departmental goals are achieved.
- Delegates work to subordinates and retains accountability for its successful completion.
- Conducts regular service meetings to update and communicate with the Technology Service team, including Customer Care.
- Establishes excellent relationships and works closely with the Sales partners
- Effectively and tactfully handles the most difficult customer situations and interactions, resolving issues in a “win-win” manner.
- Responsible for all inventory for the department and the costs associated therein
- Works collaboratively with the Finance and Operations, to ensure the accuracy of inventory/stock.
- Communicates regularly with manufacturers’ representatives to ensure effective business relationships and attends manufacturers’ conferences to remain up-to-date on applicable product lines.
- Researches and investigates technical advances in the field, approves implementation of new projects in consultation with other RGO managers and executive and actively participates with other partners, both internal and external, in ensuring their success.
- Champions business system advancements for automation.
- Develops, implements and reviews relevant operating procedures.
- Post-secondary education in technology, as well as professional designations in – MCP, MCSE, A+, CompTIA PDI+ would be an asset
- Minimum of (5) five years of experience servicing equipment and supervising a team of Technicians
- Proficient in technical skills and aptitude, including and not limited to electro-mechanical
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote support tools.
- Proficient understanding of computer systems (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and Linux), mobile devices and other tech products
- Experience working in the IT industry, Printer business, Software solutions consulting, Audio Visual space
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, repair and service technology products
- Current in technology and trends in the industry
- Must be a results oriented and self-motivated leader with high energy, self-confidence, integrity and competitive spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communication skills, that vary from being comfortable and skilled in managing conflict to the ability to make presentations under pressure
- Exceptional at being detailed, organized and managing time between conflicting priorities
- Proven willingness to take accountability for the work output of both oneself and the team
- Experienced in setting goals by defining and prioritizing specific, realistic objectives
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you or someone you know is seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact qualified candidates.