RGO has an exciting opportunity in our Office Technologies Division for a permanent full-time Warehouse Supervisor . The Warehouse Supervisor reports directly to the Vice President, Service and Operations and is part of our Customer Service Team. This is a fast paced, physically demanding role responsible for warehouse operations and delivery of products to our customers. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader with strong work ethics and a commitment to always exceeding customer expectations!
- Process daily orders in the system and create purchase orders for backordered items with vendors.
- Organize and execute distribution of work to ensure daily smooth warehouse Operations (packing, receiving & shipping).
- Responsible for the daily management of warehouse operations, including leading and supervising the activities of personnel.
- Ensure the receiving of incoming products and outgoing orders are within specifications and on schedule.
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing logistics.
- Establish work schedule and ensure jobs are assigned correctly and effectively.
- Address complaints and resolve issues.
- Create a positive work environment that supports good morale, quality work and high productivity.
- Ensure all safety procedures, policies and regulations are followed.
- Determine the most efficient delivery route on a daily basis.
- Loading/unloading product(s), using proper care and safe handling procedures.
- Assist with order picking inside the warehouse.
- Record and maintain accurate counts of goods in the inventory system. Keep track of goods not included in the inventory system, by descriptions on packing lists (invoices) and/or photos.
- Ensure that all goods are shipped to clients clean, and in complete working order, with any/all hardware included.
- Maintain individual item and racking labels; store goods in organized and presentable manner.
- Report any major damages to the Operations Manager and keep any goods requiring extensive repair at a designated area.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and safe warehouse environment.
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned or required by Management in a timely and professional manner.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience and knowledge in warehousing.
- Experience in strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated hands on supervisory experience.
- Experience in re-packaging processes.
- Knowledge of packing, receiving & quality control.
- Possess excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in supervising within any industry.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Knowledge of best warehousing practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet
Education and Certifications:
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Certified to operate a Forklift.
- Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License (Preferred)
RGO is a complete supply and service dealership offering a comprehensive line of office furniture, office technology, and window and floor coverings. As a Calgary-based market leader in the office environment industry, RGO is committed to meeting the unique challenge of each customer’s needs by providing superior services and value for the products we market. We have been an active member of Calgary’s community for over 50 years. RGO is a multi-year winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program.
At RGO, we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable, organized and fun individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
- Open communication and the sharing of ideas
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Dynamic, collaborative work processes
- Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
- Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive and flexible benefits
If you know of someone seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your/their resume no later than Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 .
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.