RGO currently has an opportunity for a Warehouse Worker / Furniture Assembler to join the Warehouse Operations team. This role will be required to perform tasks as directed by the Warehouse Manager. He or she may be required to select orders, build or assist with the building of items for display, sale or delivery to customers, unload and load shipments of product for RGO and for various internal and external customers and receive incoming stock product ensuring that product is in good clean working order.
• Ensure orders are selected and prepared for display, sale or delivery as per the delivery ticket and include all applicable hardware.
• Ensure Warehouse Supervisor is alerted to items that cannot be found on a delivery ticket
• Ensure built or selected product is clean from all dust, sale tags and is defect free
• Ensure After Market Service has provided attention to new product that is not defect free
• Place product in appropriate lanes on the loading dock for ease of access by delivery team
• Accurately enter product data into handheld computers
• Load and unload shipments
• Direct incoming shipments to the appropriate areas of control, such as stock inventories
• Ensure that outgoing shipments are properly packaged and complete all necessary documentation for shipping
• Under direction, coordinate incoming shipments with delivery carriers and maintain a record of inbound waybills
• Under direction, organize carriers for outbound shipments and maintain a record of all outbound waybills
• Inspect inbound shipments for damage and advise Warehouse Supervisor accordingly
• Ensure inbound shipments are appropriately marked, stored and identified correctly in their locations
• Recommend process improvements that facilitate improved receiving/shipping, tracking, identification of goods, record keeping and waybill retention
• Ensure returned product is cleaned and functional, and all applicable hardware is included before preparing for storage
• Properly locate all items in accordance with good warehousing practices
• Ensure business system is updated as products are moved in or around the warehouse
• Liaise with retail sales staff to ensure all incoming items are identified with appropriate tags and moved to retail areas for sale
• Ensure warehouse is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion and that garbage is disposed of appropriately
• Work in a team to assemble wooden or metal furniture and fixture parts to form subassemblies and complete articles
• Reinforce assembled furniture and fixtures with dowels or other supports
• Inspect furniture and fixture subassemblies and finished products for conformance to quality standards
• Mark defective parts or products for repair and make minor adjustments and repairs
• Occasionally participate in moves of office furniture from one location to another, including the disassembly, movement and reassembly of furniture.
• Ensure that timesheets are filled out daily and accurately and are handed in weekly
• Ensure that picking tickets are returned in a timely manner
Health & Safety:
• Responsible for adhering to Health & Safety guidelines to ensure safe work practices for all employees
• Follows all safety guidelines such as wearing all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Report unsafe working conditions and injuries to supervisor
• Ensure Material Handling Equipment and tools are operated with due care and attention and are properly maintained and managed
• Proficiency with building or carpentry
• Excellent time management skills
• Basic computer skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills applicable to working in a team environment
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills
• Forklift knowledge & experience
• Knowledge of other RGO product lines is an asset
• Able to lift up to 100lbs and successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment.
At RGO we believe our employees are the key to our success. If you are a high energy, organized individual that takes pride in your work and will always strive to exceed our customer’s expectations, we want you!
RGO offers a positive work environment, supporting our employees through:
• Open communication and the sharing of ideas
• Continuous learning opportunities
• Dynamic, collaborative work processes
• Fair, consistent and inclusive employment practices
• COR Certified Health and Safety Programs
• Competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive, flexible benefits and performance based incentives
If you or someone you know would be interested in this position, please submit your/their resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, and those selected for an interview will be contacted.